Tuesday, January 10, 2012

An Open Letter of Support


January 2012
Dear Ones, 
Happy 2012! I pray your Christmas holidays with your friends and family were blessed and full of joy, as were mine. I have some exciting news to share with you and to ask you, once again, to partner with me on. On February 17, I have been asked to join a team of 12 women to visit and minister to orphans and Tibetan refugees in Nepal for 10 days through a ministry that Blue Ridge Community Church has partnered with for many years. Here’s more information about the Trust Home what BRCC’s partnership involves: http://www.blue-ridge.org/Outreach/InternationalMissions/TibetanTrustHome/tabid/181/Default.aspx 
 As many of you know, 2011 was a bumpy road for me personally but also filled with beautiful bright spots. One of the brightest spots in my year was getting to go to Nicaragua and minister to and be ministered to by the women and children at the House of Hope. God provided for that trip in miraculous ways both financially and emotionally for me, as I was experiencing something of personal tragedy leading up to that trip. If you haven’t seen pictures I took while there, here’s a link to them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150316525671602.361206.504466601&type=3  All in all, this trip was a miracle of God’s wondrous healing in my own life and changed me in ways that I still can’t quite put words to. 
Throughout this year, God has been speaking to my heart about ministering well to the children I serve at Blue Ridge Community Church. As a leader of young girls in Kids Community, I’ve had the opportunity to let them in on what God did in and through me at House of Hope. In October, God spoke clearly to me of keeping a global perspective while I serve his beautiful little girls and boys in Kids Community. Not long after this, I was selected to join the team going to the Trust Home, where many of our community support the Tibetan orphans cared for by Dolma and Arjun. Four years ago, when I first heard of the Trust Home and BRCC’s partnership, I felt a strong pull to be a part of a team headed to the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains, experience the culture and minister to the approximately 75 boys and girls being taught about Christ there. I began praying then and have been trusting God to time the trip just right. 
I am telling you all of this because I want you to be a part of this trip as much as the kids I will come back to share this with in Kids Community. This is a trip that is as much about our community as it is about the kids at the Trust Home. I am excited at the opportunities to share what God’s doing.  First, and most importantly, I am asking that you begin you to pray diligently for me and for our team. This trip will be challenging in many ways from traveling around the world,  to financial provision, to the opportunity to be challenged in our walk with Christ through the children at the Trust Home. We are asking our partners to pray for team unity, for spiritual growth prior to and during our trip and that above all, God would be glorified in all we say and do while there. 
If I might share, God has already poured out His miraculous hand on this trip in so many ways. By simply allowing me to be a part of this team, but also in providing the first $500.00 without even sending out a support letter. However, There is still a little more than $1,500.00 to be provided for. So, that is a second way you can help. We have been asked to raise our own support individually. If you feel led to give, there are a few ways you can do this. You can make the check out payable to BRCC with my name and “5491-5” in the memo line and mail it to 2361 New London Road, Forest, VA 24551 to the attention of Shea Foster. Any checks given to BRCC are tax deducible and you can receive a receipt for that. You may also make a check out to me personally and mail it to me at 1076 Maddie Lane, Forest, VA 24551. Finally, you can make a deposit into my PayPal account: tikvah_7@yahoo.com. My next deposit of $500.00 is due on Sunday, January 15 and the final two payments are due in three week increments after, with the total due before we leave on February 17. Any funds received that exceed the needed funds for my trip will go to the Trust Home directly. If you cannot aid financially, I still very much would ask you to partner with me in prayer. Our God is greater than money and has shown He can provide, I believe He will provide! 
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I am excited about what God is doing and would love to share more with you! Call, email, text, or catch me on Sundays at Blue Ridge! 
Thank you for your love, and prayer as God continues to do miracles in my life! 
In Christ’s Gracious Love,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment