Saturday, January 28, 2012

.psalm.36.and.waiting.for.a.response.

This morning, I woke up and began to read as I usually do, except, after a night of bad dreams and not sleeping so great, I needed something more than just reading. I still feel the silence of God like a echoey canyon right now...but I read this today from Psalm 36 and at the very least, it encouraged me. It wasn't a moment of God speaking necessarily, but it was enough of something to grab hold of and cling today with my fingernails digging in today.


 5 Your love, LORD, reaches to the heavens,
   your faithfulness to the skies.
6 Your righteousness is like the highest mountains,
   your justice like the great deep.
   You, LORD, preserve both people and animals.
7 How priceless is your unfailing love, O God!
   People take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
8 They feast on the abundance of your house;
   you give them drink from your river of delights.
9 For with you is the fountain of life;
   in your light we see light.
 10 Continue your love to those who know you,
   your righteousness to the upright in heart. 

I added the emphasis myself but the thought that He gives drink from a "river of delights" kind of energized me. It gave me hope that maybe...just maybe...that 'river of delight' might flow my way again. When I read that with Him is the fountain of life...yes that's what I needed, because when I feel this silence, personally, it feels like something is dead inside of me....and so I just keep turning towards the light and looking and waiting expectantly. The final request in verse ten....asking God to continue in His love, the one that reaches to the heavens, that faithfulness, that unfailing love....that's what I am asking him to not forget to do for me.

It's a humble prayer, and a rather extravagant one, but honestly, right now, I just need that. And so with that in mind, I remember these verses:


Psalm 130:6
6 I wait for the Lord 
   more than watchmen wait for the morning, 
   more than watchmen wait for the morning.


Micah 7:7
7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, 
   I wait for God my Savior; 
   my God will hear me.


I know He hears me. I know He's going to respond when He's ready. Until then, I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment